Statement of Qualifications
Analytical Laboratories, Inc. (ALI) offers the largest variety of scientific sampling and testing services of any private laboratory in Idaho. We serve Idaho, Eastern Oregon, Montana, Colorado, Washington, Nevada, and Canada. ALI performs comprehensive testing for individuals, private groups, commercial establishments, mines, and governmental organizations.
Analytical Laboratories, Inc. is certified for biological, bacteriological, physical, and chemical (organic and inorganic) analyses in drinking water. Additionally ALI performs testing, consulting, and sampling services for wastewater, soil, food, fertilizer, hazardous waste, petroleum products, and de-icer brines. Geo-chemical and radiological analyses are provided through contract laboratories.
Analytical Laboratories, Inc. offers the skills of over thirty chemists, analysts, and supporting staff with extensive knowledge of scientific monitoring, sampling, and testing. All of our analysts have scientific degrees offering more than 150 years of combined testing experience. At ALI we place customer service as our top priority. Our employees welcome the opportunity to serve your analytical needs and will make every effort to provide professional and accurate service in a cost effective manner.
Analytical Laboratories, Inc. maintains several affiliations as a service to our clients. Each membership provides training experience and an opportunity to better understand our clients’ needs.
- American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (ISO 17025) (A2LA)
- Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, Inc. (AIME)
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- International Association of Milk, Food, and Environmental Sanitarians, Inc. (IAMFES)
- Idaho Environmental Health Association (IEHA)
- Institute of Food Technologies (IFT)
- Idaho Private Laboratories Association (IPLA)
- Idaho Rural Water Association (IRWA)
Analytical Laboratories, Inc. is certified to conduct microbiological, biological, physical, and chemical (organic and inorganic) examinations of drinking water by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region X, the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, the Division of Environmental Quality, and the Oregon Division of Health.
Quality Assurance / Quality Control
Analytical Laboratories, Inc. ensures reliable, high quality data by operating under a comprehensive Quality Manual. This Quality Manual guarantees accountability and traceability of all analyses and data generated at Analytical Laboratories, Inc. Our Quality Manual is structured after ISO 17025 requirements and helps to define the following items:
- Precise instrumentation calibration and maintenance
- Efficient laboratory organization
- Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Extensive documentation of analyses and data
In addition to following our internal Quality Manual, ALI QA/QC includes participation in several voluntary proficiency evaluations, some of which are listed below.
- EPA Water Supply Laboratory Evaluation Study
- EPA Water Pollution Laboratory Evaluation Study
- EPA Water Supply Microbiology Proficiency Examination
- American Proficiency Institute Food Testing Program
- FDA Annual Food Pathogen Proficiency Examination
- Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) QA Program
- Western States Agricultural Laboratory Proficiency Examination
Analytical Laboratories, Inc. occupies approximately 7700 sq. ft. in a four-building complex in Boise, ID. Our lab is designed to accommodate large sample volumes and meet the specific needs of various testing protocols. The major equipment used at Analytical Laboratories, Inc. includes:
- 2 GC Mass Spectrometers
- 3 Gas Chromatographs (GC)
- 1 Purge & Trap Concentrators
- 1 Ion Chromatographs (IC)
- 2 Flow Injection Analyzer (FIA)
- 1 OI Analytical TOC Analyzer
- 2 Visible Spectrometers
- 1 Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometer
- 1 Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometer
- 1 Cetac Mercury Analyzer
- 1 DuPont BAX Q7 PCR Analyzer
- 1 Flame Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometers (FLAA)
- 2 Corrosion Analyzers
- 1 Zeiss Axioscope Microscope
In addition, Analytical Laboratories, Inc. maintains a full compliment of laboratory and field analysis equipment to serve our clients’ needs.